On September 9, 2013 the U.S. Federal Court of Appeals will start hearing oral arguments in Verizon V. FCC, a “net neutrality” case where wireless provider Verizon is challenging the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) order regulating how Internet service providers manage their networks. Verizon seeks to undo some of the regulatory power of the FCC.
Category: Citizen Journalism
Hundreds of media activists made their way to Denver for the National Conference on Media Reform this past weekend. This was my first time attending the conference and really my first major exposure to the media reform community. I’ll be blogging more about media reform in the weeks to come but I wanted to share some of what I learned before I forget the details.
When Mexican presidential candidate Enrique Peña Nieto visited Mexico City’s Ibero University he encountered a large group of angry students. Students linked the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) candidate to former Mexican president Carlos Salinas de Gortari also of the same PRI party and called out Peña Nieto on his being governor during a bloody crackdown on students in the state of Atenco.
Sent from my iPhone
In early 2012, Anastasio Hernández-Rojas was beaten and tasered by border patrol agents on the US Mexico border near San Diego, a beating that would lead to Anastasio’s death. Articles were written about the event, including one in the New York times, and standbyers recorded video of the event and posted them to YouTube. Then, nothing happened.
An historic blizzard in blasting the Northeast and is shutting down air travel, affecting emergency vehicle response rates, and forcing many to stay indoors. Two Twitter Superstars, Cory Booker and 50 Cent have very different approaches to dealing with the resulting blizzard crisis.
Sign up to receive piping hot blog updates
FB “Luna-tics” Join Us!
- Favianna Rodriguez at CreativeMornings Oakland | Creative Resistance on Ten Things I Learned at #NCMR13
- Chase on Unleashing The Power of YouTube Captions
- Father’s Day 5K 10K Race Report | JesseLuna.com on Camarillo Duathlon Race Report 2014
- Father’s Day 5K 10K Race Report | JesseLuna.com on Race Report for XTERRA Malibu Creek Challenge 22K Trail Run
- Race Report for XTERRA Malibu Creek Challenge 22K Trail Run | JesseLuna.com on XTERRA Malibu Creek Trail Run Race Preview