In early 2012, Anastasio Hernández-Rojas was beaten and tasered by border patrol agents on the US Mexico border near San Diego, a beating that would lead to Anastasio’s death. Articles were written about the event, including one in the New York times, and standbyers recorded video of the event and posted them to YouTube. Then, nothing happened.
As the world keeps an eye on 2012 and the end of the Mayan calendar which signals the end of another sun cycle, we must look to the living Mayans to see what this really means. For some this prophecy means a blip of tourism, book sales, and maybe some survivalist hoarding. For the Mayans this is about survival, survival from human-made systems.
With mining, land grabs, political maneuvering, and military intervention, the people of Mesoamerica are under attack. They are being pushed out of their lands and being put into a capitalist system that is a recipe for poverty creation.
Sign up to receive piping hot blog updates
FB “Luna-tics” Join Us!
- Bulldog 25K at Malibu Creek State Park Race Report | JesseLuna.com on Father’s Day 5K 10K Race Report
- Bulldog 25K at Malibu Creek State Park Race Report | JesseLuna.com on Race Report for XTERRA Malibu Creek Challenge 22K Trail Run
- Molly on Four Ways to Add Vine Videos to Your Blog Post
- Favianna Rodriguez at CreativeMornings Oakland | Creative Resistance on Ten Things I Learned at #NCMR13
- Chase on Unleashing The Power of YouTube Captions