This is so awesome! You can submit your 12seconds.tv stream and have it show up as a video podcast in the iTunes directory.
Submitting my 12seconds.tv stream to iTunes never occurred to me until I went to check for iPhone app updates via my desktop iTunes. I did a search, saw the three flavors of 12seconds apps, then noticed some 12seconds feeds. Wow!
This year, the name of the game is Own Your Stuff. In this case, by creating a Podcast out of a 12seconds.tv, users can repurpose and redistribute the content that they have created. And the best part is you get to tell folks that you have an iTunes Podcast.
So let’s get to the good stuff and describe the process to get things listed.
- Go to the Apple iTunes “Making a Podcast” page and review the process.
- Test your feed. Open iTunes, under the “Advanced” menu, select “Subscribe to Podcast” then enter your 12seconds.tv feed and click “OK.” Your feed will look like http://12seconds.tv/channel/jesseluna/feed, but you will substitute your username instead of “jesseluna.” Doing this should bring up your latest 12seconds update.
- Submit your podcast. Open iTunes, click on the Podcasts tab or main link. You’ll see a “Podcast Quick Links” section on the top right hand side. Click on “Submit a Podcast.” It will take you to the “Submit Podcasts to the iTunes Directory” view.
- Note: Before you continue you need to have an iTunes account and be logged into iTunes.
- BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THE FEED, make sure your avatar is the one you want to show up in the directory. I submitted before double-checking that and when I went in to change my avatar in 12seconds, I found that the change did not cascade through to the iTunes store.
- Submit the feed by entering the feed URL and clicking on the “Continue” button. You may be prompted to log into iTunes.
- If there are no errors, you will receive confirmation that the feed is being reviewed and you will receive an email. It took 24 hours to receive the confirmation that the feed was approved and for it to be accessible from the iTunes directory.
This worked for me the first time so that bodes well for other efforts.
- Add me as a friend on 12seconds.tv
- Leave a Comment if you have questions or use the FormSpring “Ask Jesse” box on the right of this page to leave an anonymous question.
- Once your feed is set up, come back and tell us about it so we can check it out
- Subscribe to my 12seconds Podcast (opens iTunes)
- Make sure to keep your 12seconds.tv account updated or iTunes will remove your feed from the directory. Update at least every 3 days.
You just learned how to add your 12seconds.tv video stream to the iTunes Podcast directory!
If you liked this blog post, please subscribe via RSS or via email (see top right of page).